Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Why and the How

We interrupt your program for a brief message from the Doctor.

Bonjour folks. The Doc is in the house after a brief encounter with a UFO. A highly intelligent species abducted me to discuss experiments and human tendencies. Unfortunately, we talked more about bad horror movies rather than anything of much substance. Their pizza was delicious though.



I am currently working on a series of things and business matters, but am nonetheless always pulled toward the side project that is Undead Machinery. I will introduce myself more in depth this time. There are over fifty posts on the blog, and perhaps you would like to know who is behind all of this madness. Perhaps not. Still, I shall write for the aliens, my multiple selves and the curiously intrigued.


Hello, I am Doctor. That is not my real name. It's a working title. My actual appellation begins with a C, ends with an N, and is derived from Catherine. I don't live in a thunder stricken tower, but do have headquarters:

The living area.

I am not a vampire, I do not sleep in a coffin. Don't let the bats on the wall fool you either, they aren't real (the spider is, though). This space is simply inhabited by a very geekified goth. Feed her rivets, Moi-Même-Moitié and dark thrones in moderation.

A bit fancy for a lab isn't it?










I work on things such as websites and comics. My main creations consist of an online art community, with an annexe blog and a comic book featuring my staple character. On the subject of passions, art takes the spotlight. Of course, I have others, such as collecting miniatures, music, reading and decorating. All of those things are artistic in some way or another, but let's ignore the minor redundancies more than apt to occur again.

Other details you might want to know: I have different writing styles, some are swirly while others tend to be more cubic or linear. I believe the one I am using now is a little triangular.
I joke. I like to joke.
I am a doctor of art, sometimes science, and on other occasions both. This doctor is not indifferent towards cinema either. In fact, it is quite the contrary. My favorite film so far is The Social Network, despite my interest in the actual Facebook story (sans David Fincher drama, and more Dustin). Others include The Day the Earth Stood Still, Plan 9 from Outer Space, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Vincent, Coraline, Spirited Away, Chinatown, Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain, Beetlejuice (beetlejuice, beetlejuice-oops), Pixar's shorts and feature animations, etc... An avid watcher of the Twilight Zone, I also enjoy traveling through different dimensions. Musically speaking, 95% of my attention goes to Killing Joke. The other 5% is shared with the Gravedigger.

In terms of reading, my room is filled with books, including comics and a small space for the Marvel universe. Nonetheless, a Deadpool shrine is in order at this point. One more thing: I really like office supplies. It's organization material at its finest.



And you? Now that you know the Doctor, feel free to sit down and tell the ghouls and ghosts about yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment